View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: New SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by WGJ
I totally agree w/Chike...Ital Design did a suberb job of styling the car. I can't think of anything contemporary this side of $60,000 that looks as good. One of the reasons I bought mine was because for well under $10,000 I will, after basic mods, like bigger brakes,wheels, tires, Konis have a v. fast but safe and quiet high performance GT car (sorry, just realized I'm preaching to the choir). Pity Svx's aren't still in production. Imagine the SVX being improved and refined like the 911. With a 3.7 engine and a six speed paddle shifter. And a dash more in keeping with the exterior styling, etc.,etc...
WGJ
For a performance GT car the SVX can definitely still hold it's own with several offerings on the market today like the automatic versions of the Lexus IS 300, Mazda RX-8, BMW 330i, Audi A4 1.8T and Acura TSX...and with just shorter gearing (4.11/4.44) or 5/6MT swap be able to give the manual versions of those cars a run for their money.

Just the other day, a guy driving a new BMW 540i was breaking his neck staring at my car at a stoplight. What other owner of a car that costs sub 10K can claim this?

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)