View Single Post
Old 01-06-2002, 08:33 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Hey Everclear

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
'Sup everclear? I haven't seen you around here before. there are a few other MI owners here (myself, mr. pockets, wawazat???) I'm in Flint town, but I don't have my SVX with me this semester. Man, after 3 months of not driving it, I'll sure be glad to see it again in April. Anyway, I never did fix the CHMSL. Y'all have some good ideas for how to make the brake lights grab some attention. I'm going for the ugly approach. When I hit my breaks and only 3 of the 15 LED packs light up, then the driver behind me is immediatly drawn to the ugly appearance of my partially lit brake lights. It must work, cuz I've never been rear ended :-) I'll probably have to just give in and get a new one some day. Oh well. If anybody has one that works and they don't need it, let me know.
Yeah, I just found the page a few days ago. I just purchased my SVX via e-bay and am very very anxious to get it!!! One of the profs over here had one and i was like what on earth is that, and he took me for a spin. I just had to have one, so I finally got one off e-bay at a good price in great condition. The mods I mentioned earlier are on my soon to be old car, an 88 acura legend, which was rearended!!!! I'm still Pi**ed about that

But here is why your theroy is CORRECT in the ugly approach. lol Drivers tend to stay away from ugly things, when it's nice and pretty they are drawn to it and have to have a better look at it. Thus they are right on your ass and dont pay attenion. so your ugly break lights are a sort of blessing lol.

I'm supposed to get my car tomorow (monday) I HOPE, I'll take a look at it while i'm looking it over for my own install and let you know what to do, in a easy to do way.

-alex