View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
Talking 5-speed SVX in the snow

Thanks to a bit of unexpected snow I finally got to drive the SVX in slippery conditions. It was great! First off let me explain that I love driving in the snow. Most people dread it but I always look forward to it. The SVX was much more responsive to throttle input than when it had the auto. This was displayed both on acceleration and deceleration. I also noticed a much greater tendency towards power-on oversteer. With the Auto if you stepped on it and cut the wheel from a stop you'd usually end up doing a kind of clumsy half oversteer, half understeer motion. Now with the 5-speed you can get almost all oversteer with enough right foot persuasion. Now this is not to say that it isn't good to dtive normally in the snow because it is. The AWD system definitely helps you keep going where you want to, usually quicker than the surrounding traffic. I'm so glad I finally got the chance to put a 5-speed in my SVX.

Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)