Thread: Zainos Bros
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 04:42 PM

Re: re. polymer sealants

Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
i have this stuff from some mega sale thing... it's called permaseal, it came in a set w/ this powdered dehydrated wax stuff that you apply by putting a damp towel in the powder and dipping it in the wax and working the wax into a paste on the towel... and it came w/ a bottle of polymer sealant... of their brand

i want to apply this stuff to my new svx, to protect and such, the polymer sealant

is there anything i should do to apply the sealant first
should i wash the car w/ dish soap to remove any wax that remains from the prev owner, so i'm at bare clearcoat (and rock chips)
I have no idea about this product, but the normal approach is a sealant is applied, then a wax if desired. Some sealant products have a two-step application for a better shine (Zaino and Klasse do, Liquid Glass does not - but Liquid Glass requires a 4-hour bake in the sun after application for the catalyst reaction to complete). Yes, dish detergent will remove wax. The usual brand recommended is Dawn, don't know why, have been told it's because it doesn't have a lot of additives that stay behind on the surface. If you're really worried about it, get some paint prep solvent and use that. Has the side benefit of helping to remove any silicone containing products a former owner might have used - nasty stuff if one ever repaints.