Thread: Zainos Bros
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 01:26 PM

Like Apples & Oranges...

you can't really compare them. Zymol is a wax, Zaino is a polymer sealant. Shine is a matter of taste, some like wax because it seems to do a better job at "depth" appearance. Others judge based on reflectivity (Zaino is at the top of the polymer sealant brands for reflectivity).

When a dealer/shop tries to sell you one of those "once-a-year" finish protection schemes (at enormously inflated prices), they're applying Zaino (or some other brand of polymer sealant). Zaino will protect through a whole Chicago winter. Probably for a whole year if garaged part-time. Zymol will give it up after a couple of weeks. I put Liquid Glass on my wife's 4Runner last February and it still beads up like the day I applied it. BTW, I live 4 blocks away from the ocean (salt is always in the air) and the vehicle is parked outside during the work day (Florida sun), garaged at night.

Lwin, just in case you're sealant newbie...ignore if not. I have been told Zaino also works like Rain-X on glass (albeit at more expense). And if you want that waxed look, you can always put wax over the Zaino. You just have wash your car with dish detergent (removes just about all waxes in a single wash job) before your next application of Zaino (has no effect on the Zaino though - have to use a paint prep solvent to get rid of the Zaino product).

Last edited by lee; 03-28-2003 at 01:28 PM.