Thread: 2007 Camaro
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
I'm surprised to see a thread on here about the new Camaro. In recognition of that, i'm making my first post in months. Hi everyone.

[opinion]
Personally, I think it's the best looking of the three competitors, except for the back. The back is just average, but the grill is menacing, the hood is kickass, the sides look muscular enough, and the roofline screams 1969, which is, i'm sure, exactly what the designers were going for. While it's competitors - the Mustang, which looked cool when it came out, now looks just normal, and fairly boring. Even the new Cobra has very little to distinguish it visually from the pack. The Challenger is a joke visually...the idea of "retro" is to design a car that resembles the original, not to design a car that is an exact copy!
[/opinion]

So say what you want about how the new Camaro looks, but hear this...

The base Camaro will be equipped with the 3.9L V6 making 300hp (that's right the V6 will be making as much power as the current Stang GT). The Mid level car, which enthusiasts hope will carry the name Z28, will pack the LS2 V8 with 400hp. The top model (almost definetly called SS) will carry a slightly detuned LS7 making 480-490hp. GM seemed to be considering going with a supercharged LS2 to make about the same power, but this idea appears to have been abandoned with GM now mass-producing modified oil pans for the LS7.

The suspension is finally up-to-date, fully independent, and transmissions will be a 4-speed auto on the 6, a five speed auto w/tapshift or a 6-speed Tremec on the V8's.

So make what you want of it's looks, but this baby packs one hell of a punch, and it can handle. I'm getting in line.