View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 04:37 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by mark10t
I can sympathize with you. My son is in Baqubah right now. His 'barracks' is across the street from the police station that got suicide-bombed the other day. Luckily, he was about two blocks away at the time (but had a piece of shrapnel sail over his head) and none of his buddies were hurt, either.

Thank God I get to see him in a couple of weeks when he's home for a 2 week leave. Unfortunately, he's got to return there until May-ish.

-Mark
Again, sorry for what I said... Thank you to those of you that understood and forgave me for my post... I really want everyone to also understand that I donot love death... I do not want people in Iraq to die... If it were up to me all our troops would be home tomorrow and we wouldn't set foot in the middle east ever again... I would sign peace treaties with every country in the world... I would try to make it like it was before WWII, when America just worried about it's self and waasn't trying to play the role of "The World's baby sitter"... It really is a shame that we have to kill eachother over stuff... If this war is over oil and does not have a true meaning behind it like finding terrorists then I will have my Marine Corps Tattoo removed... Why be apart of something fake??? I only have one more year in, then I am out... So pretty soon this will not be my life... This is all I've ever known... Since 10th Grade I've been in Military Academy, not 2 months after graduation I was off to Bootcamp... So I need to start "calming down a little" I guess...

And for the record----> For those of you that saw the video clip... What those pilots did was against the Geniva Conventions rules for Combat... In the rules it says that you can not attack individual combatants with excessivly large weapons... The 30mm cannon that the Apachie carries could definitly be considered OVERKILL!!!! Anything bigger than a 7.62 round from a S.A.W. is considered too big and is possible grounds for a Courts marshall... I would think that because of that video those two pilots are now Discharged from the military...

And Mark, I am very glad that your son was alright... Think about this when you see him next time and all those families that won't be seeing thier son's or daughters or Fathers... There's alot.... It's too bad too... But that's politics for ya...

The Definition of WAR (Websters dictionary) " A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, to serve a political end..." The key is the Political end....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...