View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 01:08 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Congrats Lwin

on your new SVX.

Never2phat beat me to it on the colour difference, but you are aware of it. So will your '94 be a Bordeaux or a Claret?

With more cars in the States to see, you may have seen differences I would not know of. At the UK meet, my car and Belhas were both Japanese editions, and the colour seemed identical. Chris came the Sunday when I was away, his car was British spec, but don't know of any difference in tone.

I will say one thing about Clarets in particular, and very dark metallics and pearls in general. My car looks a lot darker on a dull or overcast or cloudy day. If the sun is out [rare here this summer] the car looks better, the colour shines through, and the car looks lighter.

Granted, if you have seen a number together on a sunny day, and any were darker or lighter[assuming all '92s, no Bordeauxs] then paint differences can only be the answer. Either the paint was wrongly mixed at factory if all are original, or a subsequent respray got it wrong.

Joe
Try and get a photo of a lot of Clarets together at the Anniversary Meet to see if any differences are noticable!
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl