Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs down Constitutional challenge

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
[B

Joe, did you come in late on the constitution thread? A constitution was drafted and posted for all to see/approve, as well as a mission statement/statement of purpose.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...s=&threadid=42

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...s=&postid=1732

Please check them out and see if both documents meet your approval. Bill Moore has been generous in providing his expertise in these matters. As author of constitution and mission statement, I think he'd be an important part of the steering committee, so, we'll probably wait for him to be able to join in before we proceed.

Likewise, anyone else who hasn't seen these documents is welcome to offer input. It will be YOUR network. [/B]
Randy,
thanks, yes I did miss these. Had a quick look at the constitution and on quick glance it looks OK. Have not read everything in depth, but I will[Notepad sends half the document to Eastern Europe]
On first glance, it is primarily a club framework for administration. This is OK, but I see no provision for circumstances where membership might be lost or denied.

Also, mission statement. Is this elsewhere?? I did not see it. It needs to be spelled out in black and white that the club is not for profit. To this end, we need to set up an external auditor to check the books yearly and confirm all is well. Also, it should be a club rule that any member using club facilities for gain or profit contravenes club rules. This would keep us kosher with Subaru, and should be strictly implemented as a policy.[See paragraph one]

I assume Bill Moore is SVXter? Good work, this sort of outlay is wearying and difficult to get everything covered, and yet leave some areas open enough not to create restriction or liability. Hope I am not rehashing areas covered and finished in the past.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl