Thread: sound fair?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92SVXLS-LDC
okay, so i'll give you some background...
i have cingular wireless...
my home is in elk river
my school is in duluth 2+ hours away

i bought my wireless plan with the understanding i would have coverage in duluth, i was told by the sales rep, back in november... so i bought a smartphone, and a pretty hefty plan... and accessories...256mb card for that phone, and car charger... ya know, basic stuff...

well, in may (oddly enough when i got BACK from school) i recieved a letter telling me i was using other company's satelites too much, and if i continued to use my phone outside of (cingular's) network area, i would pay fee's and what-not... well whatever, i was back for the summer and there would be no more using it out of their network till school starts again

turns out, theres a new policy that you have to be in your providers satellite area 50% or more of the time... well if anybody knows how a school year works... 9mos. in school and 3mos. home... thats no good for me

today i got a letter saying i would have to find another provider since they were going to cancel me, and i got a little pissed... (sure i put it off all summer but i HAVE in fact been in their network area for the past 3mos.)

so i called 'em up, ready to yell, and i was a little agrivated... after just a little bit, (and i really mean just a little bit) of negotiating, i was offered 1/2 of what my smartphone was worth BEFORE rebates, + full compensation for accesories... +credit for my next providers activation fee...
which comes up to just over $250... i payed 99 for the phone after rebate and the memory card was a gift...

it urks me that they can cancel my 2yr CONTRACT at will... but to be honest, i think they handled it relatively well, with new policy and all... think its fair? OHH!!!
AND! they are going to unlock my phone, for free, so i can transfer my smartphone over to another provider, and pocket their reimbursment

what do you guys think?
My provider would have SHOVED IT TO MY RIBCAGE, AND BROKE IT OFFF!!!
I might have to look at Cingular next time!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry