View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Nick O

Thinking of buying a 92 svx....any advice?

I just totalled my 97 Acura CL last week (never did like that car).....still waiting to hear back from the insurance company and all, but I've already started looking at lots and such. I was going out looking for a 240sx, Celica GT, or Imprezza, but this one lot just as I was leaving the salesman was like "what about this?"

It's a 92 Subaru SVX in Dark Green Metallic....I instantly fell in love with it....since I still don't know what the deal is with the insurance I decided I didn't want to hassle him yet with manuvering it out for a test drive as it was in a ways. But it looked to be clean, no dings at all, a couple light scratches that come with age on any car. It had 120k miles (which is nothing compared to the 161k miles on my 97 acura), and nothing had any visable leaks under the hood. The rear bumper looked like it might have been tapped at one point, but it looked like it just needed to be re-set.

The asking price was $3500....what should I try to talk them down to? Anything I should look for in particular for wear etc? I'm looking to buy a car that will get me to Florida and back with a tune up/timing belt change, would this car be likely to do so?

If anyone wants to REALLY help me out and has a carfax account, the ## is JF1CX3439NH101695

Not sure if the first 1 is an I or a 1...

thanks