View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
battery dead, can't jumpstart?!?

So here's the problem, car sat for 2 weeks, fired up fine then, but now when I go to start it absolutely nothing, no lights, nada. So I then attempted to jumpstart it with my other car, as soon as I hooked up all the terminals the security system went off (aftermarket), all the lights were blinking off and on and when I tried to start the car i would get a very fast clunking sound that coincided with the check engine light blinking.

So I am kind of at a loss as to why I can't even get the car to start when I try to jumpstart it, this has happened before and I simply jumpstarted the car and it would turn over. I was thinking that perhaps the aftermarket security system was preventing the car from starting, but then why would it not start this time as when the car died in the past a jumpstart would solve the problem. Also what doesn't help is the remote transmitter to turn off the alarm system is lost.

Also, this car (96 lsi) as well as my 92 (ls-l) both seem to drain batteries. I rarely drive either, may once every few weeks. What would be the issue for a continually draining battery? I always make sure to turn off the security light, but other than that, what gives?

any help, advice is appreciated. thanks. Chris