View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 02:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Smile My two cents

My last radar detector was a remote mount and was impossible to detect. I loved it. The best way I have found to avoid tickets is to simply keep an eye out for "brake checks" by drivers in front of me. It is human nature for most people to tap the brakes when they see a cop (especially hiding) along the side of the road whether they are speeding or not. I constantly scan far ahead and look for this tell tale signal that an officer is lurking. It is extremely reliable and has never failed me or others I know who use it.

When moving between packs I constantly scan the horizon for hiding places and likely locations for speed traps. I also keep one eye on my rearview mirror at almost all times. No one speeds more than a cop and it is real easy for them to appear from out of thin air behind you. I get very irratated with drivers who act as if their rearview mirror does not exist. They are totaly oblivious to the world around them and make me very nervous to be behind.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.