View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leNoobe View Post
Hi everyone, I'm here because I wanna do some research about the maintenance of The SVX as I'm considering it as a first car. I'm interested in it due to its subtle appearance as well as its power/safety/luxury features combined into a reasonably cheap P plater friendly car. I've read a fair few of the information threads regarding the maintenance of this car and I'm curious to see whether the older, experienced owners of this car would recommend it to a young person as a first car.
I would not recommend this as a first car. It will need maintenance which is expensive no matter how you look at it. 1st time drivers are generally hard on their cars and one of these 20 year old subies will be somewhat fragile. Some parts are getting scarce and almost all parts are pricey.

It will also tempt you to test it's prowess which will certainly get you in trouble with the law, not to mention possible injury .
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.