View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 11:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
OPTIX makes a under car kit that uses a 4 ft tube for each side and a 2ft in the front and the rear. I used these for a while. (removed them now). If you look under the side of your car you'll see a small frame about a foot in. I mounted the 4 foot tubes as close to them as possible. It adds a limited amount of protection. At the back of the car, you'll see a gap between the rear plastic and the muffler heat shield. The heat shield has a lip with small holes in it. Set the rear 2 ft bulb on the ledge and use wire ties through the holes to hold it. The best thing to do in the front is just get rid of the 2 ft for the front and buy two 6 or 8 inch tubes. I broke the front 2ft in about a week. THe 6/8 in will fit nicly in the corner in front of the wheels. If you really want to use the 2 ft light I'd seggest removing the plastic skid plate under the front and finding somplace above the bottom of the bumper to mount it to.

I'm not crazy about OPTIX lights. I prefer to Redline UltraBrights, but RedLine doesnt make a kit. The OPTIX Kit runs about $100 at Pepboys and Advanced Auto. As far as color goes, I usually try to color match. I have a red car so I use red lights. So on that note I'd recommend GREEN lights.