View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 05:39 AM
SVXtypeR

Quote:
Originally posted by Red SVX 92
TypeR, The instructions provided with the Ground Control springs state that you need to cut the stock spring perch and weld on a ring provided by Ground Control. After lowering my car a little bit more today, you're right, welding isn't required for the conversion. BUT... it is useful, if you want to lower the car all the way. I tried to lower the front a little bit more today, and I realized what they meant. Access to the Ground Control ring/perch is blocked by a black piece, which was supposed to be cut off.
[SNL Chruchlady]
OOOHHHHH, nevermind!
[/SNL Churchlady]

Quote:
And yes, I do understand that it's only a *slight* bit dangerous to weld while the Koni's already been inserted. Yeah, the welding was supposed to be done after you gutted the spring and before the Koni was inserted. I kind of wish that the welding was done, just in case I wanted to lower the front end a little bit more. As it is, I have a newfound phobia for speed bumps, but I was hoping to tuck a little bit more in the front anyways, but oh well...
Sorry bout' that, I just wanted to make sure they werent' gonna do something silly to your struts (I've seen shops do worse to rare cars for custom work). It does kinda' suck that the perches sit so high. When I originaly took the measurments in designing this combo, I forgot to factor in the springs settling. I was kinda' cheesed when I found out that the shortest main springs were 8 inches and the shortest tenders were 4. By happy accident, tenders tend (no pun inTENDed) to settle much more than mains, so I ended up with about a 1.25" drop after she settled down (yes, you'll need a second alignment after a couple of months).

It's funny, of all people, I've *never* seen the GC instructions!!

Last edited by SVXtypeR; 05-15-2002 at 05:43 AM.