View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 07:56 PM
Hitchhikin'

TypeR, The instructions provided with the Ground Control springs state that you need to cut the stock spring perch and weld on a ring provided by Ground Control. After lowering my car a little bit more today, you're right, welding isn't required for the conversion. BUT... it is useful, if you want to lower the car all the way. I tried to lower the front a little bit more today, and I realized what they meant. Access to the Ground Control ring/perch is blocked by a black piece, which was supposed to be cut off.

And yes, I do understand that it's only a *slight* bit dangerous to weld while the Koni's already been inserted. Yeah, the welding was supposed to be done after you gutted the spring and before the Koni was inserted. I kind of wish that the welding was done, just in case I wanted to lower the front end a little bit more. As it is, I have a newfound phobia for speed bumps, but I was hoping to tuck a little bit more in the front anyways, but oh well...

and Vern, I was going to go with Independent Subaru, since they have experience with the install. However, Premier's *initial price was half that of Independent Subaru's, and a friend recommended me to Premier. As it is, I had been counting on an install charge of $75-100, and the prices I was quoted just put me in shock, especially since I basically had no money for it, after dropping the $1000 on parts alone. Now, my friend refuses to endorse them, and is warning other message boards about Premier.

And Premier is located in La Habra... Yuck.