View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 09:02 PM
5 speed 4 sure

Registered SVX
Hopefully optimistic

Quote:
You say you replaced bothcam sensors. There is only one cam sensor, and two crank sensors. This is the sort of effect that I would expect if the crank signal was interrupted. It would turn the spark and injection on and off, you may also see the rev counter flick as it is driven by the crank sensor.
My mistake. My list should have read, replaced the Cam sensor and Crank angle sensor 2. I got them confused seeing as how the parts are identical.

I pulled a crank sensor from a 93 Legacy a couple weeks ago, hoping I could make it fit in Crank Sensor 1 hole (sensor diameter and depth is identical to the SVX sensor). Just got around to replacing it tonight. Altered it a little, bored out the 10mm mounting bolt hole, fashioned a make shift connector for the harness, and fired the old scoobie up!

I had a slight issue with the idle dropping too low and almost stalling but I'm sure it's due to not having the sensor fully seated. A washer over the top of the bored hole, to hold the sensor down correctly, should fix this. Have to hit the sack tonight so I'll finish up testing and confirm results tomorrow.

P.S. This sensor eliminated the jerking, skipping, missing at low RPM under load! More to follow ...

Last edited by svxcuseme; 02-08-2006 at 09:20 PM.