View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
so i went ahead and checked that svx out today just for fun haha. it was in pretty great shape for being a 92 on the exterior, just a few chips on the spoiler, one on the hood, otherwise good, the interior was ok, the seats where worn alot more than mine, the pass visor wouldnt stay up and the drivers visor was gone. also the radio door spring or something was messed up. the drivers side door needs a new hinge, it was broken and made a VERY loud sound when opening and closing it. didnt check the pass door. it also had studded snow tires, tread was pretty good if i remember right, but they where VERY loud, not surprising though. i dont understand why people put studded snow tires on there AWD cars? i have normal street tires and mine gets around no problem. anyway, they come with the car so it doesnt matter, i just dont think i would buy any for mine unless i was ice racing or something.

as for the mechanics of it, the alternator looked like it had been replaced, engine was very quiet, ran well, cruise worked, power mode worked, over all it ran great, alot of get up and go. smooth ride. the engine bay looked very clean, im sure the dealership cleaned it up. sounded sturdy, idled great. i let it warm to operating temp and everything seemed great. took it on the highway, got it up to almost 80, did great, except there was alot of vibration in the steering wheel it seemed like, not sure if the tires need balanced, alignment, or if those snow tires just do that, but i only noticed it on the highway. it had 152xxx miles, closer to 152k than 153k.

if i had the $ i would probably buy this car. it seemed really great. the only problem with me is i would have to sell my svx, and i like my silver color better than the green. but, if i had a chance to get this svx i no doubt would haha. wish wish