View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Damn wheel bearings!!!!

Since I bought the car with about 74K miles on it in late 2010 I have replaced the left rear bearing twice and the right once. The right sounds like it is starting to go again. When I did the left for the second time, Nate had suggested replacing the hub too so I did that. I also replaced the grease with Redline grease but I am not sure that was necessary as Timken claims they pack them now with the proper grease. I also don't know if I did a particularly good job. So I guess I will replace the hub with the right bearing this second time around on the right side. Maybe sitting for a year contributed to this or maybe it is because I didn't replace the hub the first time but it is damned frustrating. Hopefully I am done with this crap.

Anyone know how I can get a bearing and hub quickly? Do most dealers carry them or am I going to be forced to wait until they come from a warehouse somewhere?

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything

Last edited by Huskymaniac; 11-02-2014 at 08:27 AM.