View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: OBDII Mt conversion???

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Ok, first, how would one go about "injecting" the signal into the ECU?

Second, do/can we know whether the signal that you read on the scope is enough to satisfy the ECU?

Let's keep the brainstorming going before momentum is lost.
I will answer your question with a question. I don't have a 5 speed swapped SVX nor have I ever looked at a wiring diagram for a manual Subaru. Is there any form of TCU for a manual? If there isn't, does the TCU connector just hang there when a 5 speed swap is done? If so, Pin 80 on the OBD2 ECU is connected to Pin 11 of connector 55 on the TCU and the signal could be injected into this pin on the open connector. Our circuit would generate the pattern I showed over and over again and the output would be connected to pin 11 of connector 55.

I have also never had a TCU throw a code (knock on wood). When the OBD2 cars have a TCU code, does the ATF warning light still flash in addition to the CEL coming on? If so, does it still flash out sequences corresponding to various TCU codes?

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything