View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Manual gearbox Stall.

The ECU is not capable of seeing sudden shifts in load. It was a massive issue with the stock ecu remapped for the supercharged engines... I know Mike has changed the firmware he was using to help with this... the results I have not paid any attention to in order to say one thing or another...

Simple fact is, when engine braking load is at 0. There is a fuel cut used to help the engine slow down thus slowing the vehicle down. when dropping RPM from anything greater than 1500 rpm into a neutral state the ecu has a difficult time reloading the injectors and adjusting the IACV to compensate and thus it will stall. These are all scenarios that an automatic transmission will not experience due to the torque converter so it was never calibrated for such.

I had done a SIAC bypass with a manual ball valve with some success in reducing in all cases the mt stall but some still had issues with it.

Someone with a SSM and a 5mt that has a common stalling issue, please note the timing advance, engine load, and injector pulse width while engine braking and clutching in to induce the "stall". These are where you will likely find the holes in the ECM's capability to handle the changes all at once

Tom