View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 PM

Just found 1992 SVX w/37k 1 owner miles, what's it worth?

I just bought a 1992 SVX LS-L from an estate. It is a one owner car finished in liquid silver/black top/Charcoal leather with the Touring Package. It has 37k original miles. The car is 100% original right down to the tires (scary!).

In terms of condition here is an overview:

Exterior: All original paint, never been hit, no accidents. Paint is overall very nice but the front and rear bumpers have been scuffed, respraying the corners would make the exterior like new. No other dings, some minor scratches, almost no rock chips. Original wheels are perfect, tires need to be changed as they are original! Car is from a high desert area so no rust or salt exposure.

Interior- Almost like new, original mats, some slight wear on drivers seat, wood trim slightly scuffed on console (boy is this ugly trim from the factory!) No smokers, pets, kids, etc.

Systems- EVERYTHING works correctly, AC, power equipment, gauges, stereo, no warning lights.

Mechanical- Runs and drives really well. No leaks. Near as I can tell no major issues ever. Talked to selling and servicing dealer, no history of major repairs and problems. No records as the estate is still being settled, so I would have to assume for safety's sake that it needs a full 60k service with timing belt.

Misc- Have the original purchase order, all books, both sets of keys and remotes, all the tools, even the instruction VHS.

So two questions: What do people on this board think this car is worth (it will be for sale at some point) ?

Should I sell it as is or do the following items: Respray front and rear bumpers, new tires, full 60k service?

Thanks for the advice!