View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 08:12 PM
bjones

Thanks everyone for the information. I had decided that the numbers sounded OK and your inputs confirmed this. However, I've decided not to buy the car. I haven't been looking very long and I think that it's too early to say "I can't find what I really want therefore I'll just buy this one". Ideally, I want a black one (it looks mean in black), 96 or 97, with lower mileage (say 50000 km or so - about 32/33000 miles) in part because I am concerned with increasing the power of a used engine. However, Corky Bell makes a good point in his book "Supercharged!" He addresses supercharging a car with 80000 miles (just an example) by saying (to paraphrase) "say you bought a factory supercharged car brand new. Would you then take off the supercharger when it got to 80000 miles because you shouldn't supercharge a car with that many miles?". He makes the point that it's the engine condition that's important, not the mileage per se. True enough I think.

AutoTchr
I think that I feel rather the way you do. In my case it would be more fun designing and building the system than driving it

Thanks again