View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:59 AM

Shattered Window!

My driver's side window was broken while I slept last night! (Luckily, it was just the easily replacable lower section.) It was almost explosively shattered! The interior is covered in glass, and it was raining last night, so it's pretty wet inside. I had parked my car at the top of our driveway, parallel to the road because it had been snowing on Friday, and I wanted to be able to get out of the driveway. (I'm driving a FWD SVX.) Strangely, I didn't drive the car all weekend, since I had a rare weekend off and there was a lot of X-mas prep stuff to felp my parents with at home. Therefore, it stayed where I left it even when the snow melted. Big mistake! I don't know if someone broke it on purpose or if it was hit by a rock from a passing car. (But the odds of the later seem pretty small!) When I tried to unlock the door with the remote, it would instantly relock. I had to go in through the other side, and manually push the interior lock switch up to open it. I guess there are little pieces of glass interferring with the mechanism.

I've already found a replacement window at a junk yard for $40. I'm about to head out to pick it up, then vaccuum the now-garaged car, and maybe even get the new glass installed by the time I start work. Or that last part may have to wait till tomorrow, since I work at 3:00, and it's a long drive to get the glass!

I really should have gone to Philadelphia & New Jersey this weekend! Then my car wouldn't have been parked there! I came so close to going to Tom's Moving the Shop Meet, even though I never posted about it. When I got home from work after midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning I still hadn't made my decision. I even printed out some maps of how to get there, and set my alarm for 4:00 am, because it would take me 5.5 to 6 hrs to drive there. The facts that I would only get 3.5 hrs. of sleep, that I had a lot of stuff to get done around here (Didn't do as much as I planned, though!), and the money I would have spent on gas and turnpike fees all combined to make me decide against it. I ended up going back to sleep after the alarm went off. Now I REALLY wish I hadn't.