View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Thanks all for the feedback... and HEY MARISA!!! Long time no see... though you do email me occasionally when your web site goes down

Seriously... thanks everyone for the advice. You've all pretty much confirmed what I was starting to think; that potentially the SVX is more valuable to me as a third car than as a saleable item.

As regards Ron's comments; well, the items to make it "roadworthy" are really not. The car drives, and drives well. The problems are a bad wheel bearing (figures!) and a check engine light (known sensor issue)... plus there's a collapsed baffle in the exhaust making noise... but I have a new muffler waiting to be installed and would be sold with the car. Beyond that the car runs great. It needs an oil change and a wheel balance... and potentially an alignment. There's also some minor body damage, visible on my gallery page that I have dedicated to the car. Other than that, she's really "roadable" today... I just wanted to ensure that I was completely honest and up-front about the state of the car.

SO... my decision today is to keep my SVX. She's on notice though; I've ordered the sensor that's gone bad and she's scheduled in the shop on Saturday to have the bad wheel bearing replaced. Once I've done that, I'll renew my plates and get her street legal again. However, beyond that? Who can say. I might still decide to sell her in a week or so, or I might decide to keep her. I really don't know. I guess I'll keep the denizens of the club abreast of my decisions