View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxxx26
Thumper - hard to pinpoint any main reasons that the SVX is so hard to sell. If I had the budget for multiple SVXi, I'd be on yours in a heartbeat along with a few others I've seen on here. Unfortunately, I'm out of garage space and probably a good thing! I plan on keeping mine forever. If I sold it I know I would never find as nice a SVX unless I parted with some serious money. The car - despite some wildly optimistic speculation - is never going to be an "investment" that fetches mega-thousands at a classic car auction, at least not in my lifetime. I keep it because I love it and I can't think of anything out there that I would replace it with. I can think of a lot of cars I'd like in addition to it, but not one I'd replace it with.
So...to answer your question, I don't think you will ever get out of it what it's worth, unless you find a buyer like me that is in love with the car and can appreciate the condtion it's in.
Well said. I'd have to agree 100% with everything. I don't really think I could ever get what I paid for my car or what I am currently putting into her but I don't see anything new that looks like it would last me as long as my SVX. Plus I can't find any other vehicle that suits my taste.. something nice here.. something nice there.. but overall ehh everywhere. I smile everytime I see my car. I haven't seen anything else that gets the same reaction.

I do feel like the SVX spotting has grown here in San Antonio. There are 2 (pearl and bright red) that live nearby me but I can't seem to get in touch with them, leaving a card hasn't worked. I have also spotted 2 different green SVX (3 including Jaylin's svx..). I know they were different because one had brand logos all along the side like a collage. I also know there are ... 2 maroon SVXs (but one was in REALLY bad shape) and then there was Dan's black SVX... but haven't seen him in over 5 years. So I've been feeling lucky as far as sightings... I just wish that meant more parts. But I have been lucky to find a nice mechanic that is a car enthusiast and works for a reasonable price.

Good to be posting again... had to recreate my account, apparently I got too busy with work & paying for my SVX.

Take care,
Marisa

'93 Anniverasry Edition - 133k
cozykat's Locker