View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 12:04 AM
<<<Alcyone

Battery Died Twice . . . ?

On two occasions about one month apart, I've gone out to my '92 Ebony (completely stock). I press the remote, horn honks, interior lights turn on, doors unlock, I open door, get in, close door, put key in ignition, turn to on position, dash lights turn on, seat belts return to 'driving position', ALL power goes away.

The first time it happened, I had actually set the alarm so I was thinking that darn flashing LED on the dashboard had killed the battery . I got a jump start and was on my way. I hooked up the battery charger when I got home and no more problems until last night . . .

Exact same situation - I press the remote, etc. Except that the alarm had not been set .

I start hooking up the jumper cables and noticed the positive clamp was very loose on the terminal. I grabbed a wrench and tightened up the clamp and the car started right up.

Everyone, go out right now and tighten up your negative and positive battery cable clamps. If you have one of those nifty clamp/terminal cleaners or some emery cloth, clean them off first to get a nice new contact surface.

This might be an even better 'mod' than the alternator wiring mod.

Dan