Thread: I Got Hit!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2002, 04:30 PM
punisher

Just remember, it could have easily happened to anyone. I dunno about the not apologizing thing though. But if it's only paint on your car, that can easily be removed with any sort of chemical (I used a tar remover from an auto parts store to take some paint off of my dad's car after I had a little accident). Gasoline works as well, from what I've been told. I'm not too sure the police will do anything. If he had fleed the scene of the accident that would be a different story. He stopped, you got his number...now all that is left is either you forgetting about it, him paying you, or you calling the insurance company and reporting it and having it fixed that way. You're gonna need his insurance policy number though if you report it to the insurance company, so you may need to call him for that. But it does seem kind of pointless to claim it on insurance and have your premium go up for a small amount of damage to your bumper. That's what bumpers are for, after all. Best bet is to get some sort of cleaner, rub it in like a mother and see if that does the trick.