View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:19 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up I feel great! Sort of... Well... my car feels great

The silver I got from the member here has been fixed (somewhat). I got the rear diff fixed, and PS leaking stuff taken care of on Friday at the tranny shop. I took the car out for a spin and it seems like there is no power in the car what so ever and the car is as loud as it can be.

I took it to our muffler shop. Put the car on the lift and guess what I saw... From the headers, there were 2 pipes to the cats (original setup). Once it left the cats this is why it was so darn loud. Once it went from the cats, it went into a X pipe and 2 straight pipes came out of it to the tips at the end. No muffler, no resonater nothing. I was going to get the same setup as a lot of you guys have (magnaflow) but I can not get anyone in town with the muffler/resonaters in stock. I told the guys at the shop that from the back of the cats, they have free reign and they can do what they want.

They kept the X, and rerun 2 pipes and went into dual in, dual out muffler. That's when I left. They told me they might have to put 2 more resonators on each side and 2 more after that to quiet it down.

I got back tonight. I have not seen the underside of the car yet. I was told the car has 60k mile new engine. All I can say is this. I have only sat in a car like this once. If I recall, it was a 40k 96 SVX that Stan Burg owns. This is the 2nd quietest SVX ever (apart from the ABS shaking -- needs to be fixed)

I am happy. Monday, it'll go in for the ABS and on once that is fixed... dacah and bodyshop for new paint.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!