View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 10:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I'm not sure what rotating part your mechanic is referring to, unless he is talking about the throttle cable assembly, in which case, he either has no idea what he's doing or is trying to rip you off.

Beav touched on this in his message, but you might want to check or clean the MAF sensor and connector, which is the air flow meter that the Chilton's manual is referring to. I know that a disconnected MAF sensor can cause the engine to run rough or stall. Perhaps one of these times when the engine is running badly you can try disconnecting and reconnecting the MAF sensor and see if it has any effect?

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by Lasher
let's get something straight real quick.. the Chilton Subaru book refers to the electrical unit next to the air filter as an air flow meter... I have been told by several "car guys" that this unit is the "master air flow sensor"... now the part that my "mechanic" checked out was towards the rear of the combustion chamber; another air flow sensor, apparently.. (Not sure what the Chilton book refers to this as)