View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 06:37 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlm30 View Post
I did some search and found nothing regarding to this trany problem.
Just got this 95 SVX about 145,xxx miles with trany problem.
When shift into D, nothing(I couldnt feel the engagement and when I hit the gas, it just rev up as its in N). same as 3. But when I move the shifter to 2 or 1, it would engage and drive. When speed reached about 30, I then move the shifter to 3 and then D and everything is fine including the TC locking at proper speed.
Reverse is woking properly.
The trany fluid is dirty but at full mark. I also disconnect the resistor to see if it would make any difference(no difference at all).
Any suggestion?
Thank you
Your description is rather confusing. Please confirm.

If you select D on start up there is no drive?

Same in 3, if you select 3 on start up there is no drive?

When either 2 or 1 is selected it will engage and drive. Will it shift from 1 to 2 automatically after take off and speed is gained?

When speed reached about 30, I then move the shifter to 3 and then D and everything is fine including the TC locking at proper speed.
Reverse is woking properly.
Presumably making the shifts manually after 2 has been engaged.

On the basis of what you say, the fault is confined to automatic selection functions, which causes one to suspect faulty speed sensing or information signalling.

First off run a check for both transmission and engine codes and advise the results. Instructions available within the how too section.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!