View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
I like the handles on my Polara, and my truck (I think Chrysler must have had a two billion unit contract with the door handle manufacturer, since it seems like damn near every mopar from the sixties up to the early 90s vans/trucks had the same stinkin door handles...) where you have the fixed handle with the pushbutton to open the door.

Coolest handles I've seen: my buddy's GF used to have a 510 with shaved handles, and you waved a magnet over a certain spot on the driver's door and a solenoid popped the door open. I'm waitin for cars with a touch pad on the door that opens it.. Toyota is pretty close with their "smart key" system on the Prius and some of the higher end Camrys and Avalons, you just have to have the fob with you, and you touch the door handle and it unlocks (You still have to pull the handle to open the door though) and there is a black square on the door handle itself that you push when you close the door to lock it. Kinda nice since you don't have to fumble for your keys and such. (There is a mechanical key in the fob in case the remote's battery dies, although I don't know what you do beyond that on the Avalon and Camry, but the Prius has a slot in the dash you can stick the remote doohickey in)
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta