View Single Post
Old 08-25-2001, 10:24 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
If the rear wheels spin, that's good. It doesn't take much to stop any one of the wheels with the car on the hoist. And once the wheel's stopped, I don't recall seeing it spin up on its own unless one of the other wheel was affected. What happens with the hoist on the car, stop the rear wheels, then stop the front wheels? Does the rear wheels start to spin up?

VK

Well both the back wheels stop and they do not start again. I tried to stop the front wheels by braking. This did not get the rear wheels going. I also have a 97 OBS and I tried the same test. The OBS wheels will not stop, lots of power but no LS rear, so one in the rear or the front will stop. Applying a little brake pressure will get all four spinning. This also tells the computer there is a problem with the speed sensor and the ABS system. These clear after the car is driven.

When I picked up my car yesterday, the man said "No pressure in the rear section" He even tried it on the grass. Broke the front wheels loose but not pressure in the transfer section even under heavy acceleration. He managed to get the bottom and side of the car caked up with dirt and grass and left two wide grass-less patches in the lawn! BIG fat SVX tire WIDE grass-less patches!

He says there is an electric problem. So........ I am off to track that down. I figure I will check the voltage to "C" at the connector by the TCU. If the voltage never goes off I am going to disconnect the lead to "C".

You know? You just reminded me of something. Where does the car get the signal from to tell the transmission that it is in a turn? Your experience says that when the car is in a turn the rear wheel drive backs off. I think this is because of the LS rear end or is it the same in all Subaru's?