View Single Post
Old 08-24-2001, 08:12 PM
The Road Less Traveled

The wire was inside the transfer case. 3 or 4 hours labour, one solenoid, 7 liters of Castrol synthetic fluid (they dumped out my old tranny fluid, which was 3 month old Redline Synthetic! ), exhaust gasket, and $550CDN later, it was fixed. They saved the old part for me, so now I have a $100 paperweight.

Someone need a Solenoid C? Slightly used? Only needs a quick solder job...

12mpg was about right. Mileage was HORRIBLE. And to top it off, it was just past Christmas, with snow on the ground. On dry, every time I made a turn the thing would bind. And on snow, every time I made a turn, just a slight throttle blip would cause the tail to swing out wildly.

Believe me, it's much more fun doing 4 wheel drifts on snow with the system working properly. Never had so much fun on snow with a car!

Back to your problem. If the rear wheels spin, that's good. It doesn't take much to stop any one of the wheels with the car on the hoist. And once the wheel's stopped, I don't recall seeing it spin up on its own unless one of the other wheel was affected. What happens with the hoist on the car, stop the rear wheels, then stop the front wheels? Does the rear wheels start to spin up?

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
The wheels will spin until you look straight at them. Then the resistance from your line of sight stops them. No, seriously, they do not spin for long and can be stopped with a touch.

You say the wire fell off. Isn't the wire and solenoid inside the transfer case? I guess your power light said the car had a fault?

Can you say what the car was like with the 50/50 split? Great traction but 12mpg?