View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 12:24 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: AT Fluid Choices?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paisan
Ok, what is the fluid of choice for the SVX? I'm planning on doing an empty/fill on it but not sure what to go with?

I'm thinking Redline in the diffys and ATF?

What's the word here?

-mike
Are you thinking a "drain and fill" in your driveway? Or a complete flush?

If you do a drain and fill, stick with whatever's in it. You'll only drop 6 of the 10 quarts of current fluid with a standard drain and fill. With a complete T-Tech flush, use what makes you feel good. I'm not sold on the whole synth thing, but others are. If it gives you peace of mind, use it. Older trannies may begin to leak as a result of synth, since the older the tranny, the more expansion and contraction the seals have seen and the lower viscosity of the synth may seep through (notice the liberal use of the word "may"). You may be just as well off peace of mind-wise and money-wise, to simply T-tech the tranny every 60K or so miles.

Those are just my thoughts. Others WILL differ. Void where prohibited. Do not fold, staple or mutilate. Do not store at temperatures below 32 degrees F. Do not remove this tag under threat of imprisonment . . . . . .
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI