View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: My New Sound System: Part 1 Custom Sub Enclosures

They are sealed yes. For sealed enclosure kicker suggests 1 cubic foot of volume for a sealed enclosure for the CVR12's, which is what I have. After doing the math the enclosures will come out to be just slightly larger than one cubic foot.

We did this because it is not going to be exactly square or rectangular. so based on the dimensions we have on the base, we gave it 12 inches high all the way through, this left a small margin for the slight curvature that the enclosures will have, so that we can get as close to 1 cubic foot as possible without going under it and not allowing the subs enough air to play with.
The subs will face inward and slightly forward and tilted back at about a 10 degree pitch.

I am just finishing up some work sanding the pieces we cut today as well as figuring out how I'm going to run the wires for the enclosures. I have taken quite a few pictures that I will post in the next hour as well as a few more things I came across while doing what I did today.