View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Formerly known as henryrace@hotma

Re: Electrical problems??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver280z View Post
Well that's a good answer!! I had the alternator rebuilt not even a year ago, but Im deffinetly going to check it.

What I can't explain is why the Optima Battery died?? Its probably two years old....

Thanks
I purchased a Red Top and after 2 years it went bad. I was chasing everything but that. Came home from vacation and the SVX was dead. Charged the battery and 2 or 3 weeks later dead again. This went on for a month or 2 where i would need to charge the battery ever so often. Finally took the car to the Stealer because i don't know beans about electrical parts and they diagnosed that the battery was bad. I figured the Optima was suppose to be the greatest thing since, whatever, the good thing was that the battery has a full exchange warranty the first 3 years. A new Optima was installed about 8 months ago and no problems since. Trust me i was chasing everything except the battery even unhooked the lights for the sun visors. My .02 is for as much as they cost i shouldn't have had any issues from that battery. The next time i'll go with what ever the "Battery Store" has at the top of their list.............
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"