View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Time to answer some questions.

First off, I already did a test (long time ago, forgot to mention it!) where I had the ECU and TCU talking at the same time. It was a mess. But it made me wonder if there was a way to separate the inputs. Hm.

Secondly, ASCII mode confirmed operational... and confirmed broken. I've uploaded a log of my test of ASCII mode using the command "7F313233343030". Adding a load to the electrical system makes ASCII mode hopelessly useless. Strangely enough, under the same conditions Binary mode only falters the instant I turn on the headlights. Once they're on, the errors vanish. Is ASCII just too complex a language?

Third, ACU test initiated. Confirmed operational. Results:

Off Button: 0A
Auto: 09
Econ: 06
Def: 02
Vent: 0C
Circ: 01
Out.Temp: 0B
LO: 05
MED: 04
HI: 03

Interesting. Have you found the memory addresses for ACU error codes? According to the SVX User's Manual DVD, there is a debug mode for the ACU which causes the LCD to display numeric error codes for various possible faults. If it can display error codes, I assume it would also send them through the select monitor.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ASCII TEST.txt (1.6 KB, 356 views)