View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
But I did give it some thought on my own. So if you overwrite the address, it changes over to ASCII mode. Cool. Now is there a way to change modes back without changing the UART speed? Or is that all hard-coded so that when you change the mode flag it automatically changes the UART back to normal?
That's what I'm trying to figure out at the moment. If Kashima-san found a way then it should work for us too. The SVX code was not written from scratch. It's based on the Legacy code but modified to handle two extra cylinders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
Oh yeah. And another question I came up with. The select monitor interface... does it go through the ECU before the other computers? Or does it interface with the ECU, TCU, ACU, etc separately? The reason I ask is because we all know the TCU works fine. But if the interface has to pass through the ECU before reaching the select monitor plug... then what gives? We get a perfect signal from the TCU and an imperfect one from the ECU. But if the TCU signal is going through the ECU's transmitter...
The three units are completely independant. I think in theory you could send a 78 command followed by a 45 command to make the ECU and TCU talk at the same time. They would probably crap all over each other's output, but I haven't tried this.

Do you get a response from querying the ACU? The JDM and USDM aircons units are different and I was wondering if yours responds in the same way as mine. Try sending command 89 to query address 000F. If it starts sending data then press buttons on the A/C unit to see if the data changes.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 08-24-2007 at 07:27 AM.