View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Sorry Trev, you've lost me!
When I first mentioned a resistor I was thinking to put it in series in order to reduce the voltage between the receiver input and ground.
I can see how putting a resistor in parallel will reduce the current flow through the receiver circuit but I don't understand how the amount of current relates to a digital circuit where the signalling is in terms of presence, or absence, of current.
With due respect to your expertise in this area, I am planning to try Calum's solution because it has been shown to work on a JECS Nissan ECU and therefore it should work on a JECS Subaru ECU.
Phil.
Phil, you are on the right track.

Overload of an input will upset the output, such that there is not a true virtual on/off output signal. The input arrangement included in the circuit you are going to try, overcomes such problems and suggested adjustments are provided. The "comparator" circuitry which follows must surely provide a clean output. You are doing the right thing and will have both belt and braces.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!