View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Registered SVX
[QUOTE=

Horror stories, anyone?? Tell us about the people YOU trusted that 'stiffed' you.[/QUOTE

A month or so ago I was sitting at some traffic lights, in a very special Subaru which I have passed on to my son. I have been storing it and drive it regularly, so that it remains in good nick. It is a 1971 1300 c.c. sports sedan that I purchased new to race in a production series which I won.

You can imagine my feeling when there was a woomph and the car rocked forward in a shunt from the rear. I got out mad, but found a very distressed young woman in tears in the car behind. My soft side took over. She had third party insurance but the excess was $500, so had to pay the first $500 in any claim.

After checking the damage, bent bumper and stove in rear panel, I told her that if I stripped things down I could probably get things fixed for less than $500. She gave me her name and address and I told her I would get back to her. Naturally I also took her car registration number.

When I got home I found, damn it, that the left tail light was also broken so I phoned and told her of this bad news. ( I did not think this story would involve so much finger larbor still interested ? ) To try to cut a long story short ----.

After doing the best I could the total bill exceeded $500 and again I phoned with the bad news. She thanked me for my efforts and said she would call in in a couple of days with a cheque. She was good to her word and paid in folding stuff. I was chuffed.

I will have to leave the nasty experiences to someone else.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!