Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Harveys QC

[quote=blueji;580880]
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
I'm planning to install it, but I am hampered by the fact that the car I am currently using [over here] has a bad gearbox.

Ok, you first Joe, i'll let you be the guineapig

I'm tying not to go down the road of attempting to make a 318iBMW into an M3.....would be cheaper to buy an M3!, SVX been a one off gives way to temptation to make changes or improvments, to have a firmer shift when required would give it a more modern feel.

John
John

Phil has reprogrammed my UK TCU so that Power mode can be forced on, and left permanently in the on position.

This can be achieved by a console switch in the JDM cars. It is much more difficult with the UK gearbox because the firmware is different. Phil monitored all the functions and has re programmed it to allow Power mode in the place of the Econ mode that UK gearboxes are saddled with.

If you're game I would be happy to send you the re-programmed TCU to try out, or "guinea pig" in your Northern parlance.

Having used Power mode full time in my jdm car, I'm willing to bet you would be happy with the change it will make. Phil and Belha run their jdm cars all the time in Power mode. I'm fairly sure anybody who has done the Power mod in the US leaves theirs on all the time as well.

It just makes the car feel like a sporty drive. You get rid of the "lazy" feel that is there in the UK gearbox.

Do you want to try it? This is a one time only offer.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl