View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Re: Memory dump of ECU

Hey all, relative newbie here just jumping on board because I finally have a 5-speed to swap into my SVX, so I've been working on getting a tune ready for when I get around to doing the swap. I couldn't get your jecs_obd1.xml to work at all with Rom Raider (ECU definition not found error regardless of what bin I use...tried several from your site)...I finally found a file someone had written up called svxlite.xml that I managed to get to work with after correcting some errors.

Anyway, I was hoping there's a better xml file out there because all this one has is base fuel and base timing. Period. I haven't had a chance to read through the 70-some pages of this thread yet, but has anyone written an XDF for TunerPro for our cars? I have yet to find one, but I'm much more comfortable with TunerPro as I've been using it for some time. I'd very much appreciate it if anyone could point me to any address/definition file for either program that is perhaps a little more useful than the one I have.

Also, on a side-note...what the heck was Subaru thinking with the stock maps? They're completely ass-backwards. Very lean, and laughably conservative timing advance as a result. What kind of sporty car runs lean of 12.5 in the powerband?