View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 10:36 AM
simonton

now its the brakes...

okay... my car is falling apart...

I still havent even got the wrenches to try to fix the band brake when last night something terrible happend

I was driving around, and then as i approached a stop the brake pedal started to fight me. It's almost like the abs is kicking in unnecessarily. And now it happens every single time i hit the brakes. It starts with a weird electronic noise and the pedal starts to fight me, then it releases and pulses a few times as the car comes to a stop. It always happens right at 19 mph. always...

Now i almost lost it when something new was happening to my car. But then i thought that maybe this could all be related?

Is there any connection between the abs computer and the transmission?

I got the car back with a computer in the backseat, the mechanic told me it was an extra trans module but it turns out it was my abs computer... I put it back in myself...
Is there anyway the computer is malfunctioning causing the trans and the brakes to act this way??

I'm starting to think that the problem isnt the band brake - because there's a lot of grinding and vibrating noises even in other gears now... I think im just going to have to bring it down to countryside again