View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: Thinking the 3.3 has got to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
A Camaro or Civic is a blank piece of paper.

You're right: It's just a car. I'm simply trying to understand what's up with people who buy one and immediately set about to "improve" it, particularly when the item in question is already somewhat rare and unusual and costly to maintain in top form.

dcb
And why wouldnt I want to improve it? You cant possibly be serious? Do you have ANY mods? I mean ANY? Sorry I for one am not ever going to be satisfied with and mass production car as is. Thats just not how it works for me. If you are happy with a car that was built for the general population by a group of people that have no idea what YOU want... good for you. I however would rather personalize it to my personal taste. Its no different than the home improvements I have made to my house.

And for those with the terrible analogy of likening a sentient living being to a bunch of plastic and metal... really? That's just silly.

Personally I find it would be far cheaper to run and maintain a SVX with a WRX or STi swap since its more fuel efficient, cleaner and more factory & aftermarket support. Not to mention more powerful and god knows it will be much more fun to drive.

YMMV