View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 03:24 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: the ugly wood dash is killing me!

I had both a 96 and a 97 Legacy TT. They had loadsa power and torque and used the exact same 4EAT as the SVX, albeit with lower final drive of 4.111.

The earlier Legacy used the same gearbox too.

[From pre-release photos it does seem like Fuji may have considered releasing the SVX as a twin turbo car. If this had actually happened none of the available manual gearboxes in 1990 would have been as easily adapted as the 4EAT to handle the torque available from a blown EG33. Maybe that's where the urban legend started]

Just on your point about the space around the manual gearbox, I was wondering if anybody from a hot climate has run an SVX with an air conditioning problem, say no gas for cooling, or whatever?

The reason I ask is mine needs a recharge at present, and last Summer during a heat wave I drove it long distance to England. I found the amount of heat leakage into the cabin from the auto transmission to be staggering. There is no space above the gearbox for air circulation, so whatever heat the transmission makes is radiated to the floor of the chassis and leaks bigtime into the cabin.

Anybody else notice this?

Joe

[I know it might not be all that hot in parts of Canada ]
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl