View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to pipedream
Haha, thats funny-

I got my "speed gene" from my mother too- she just picked up a black 2006 Z4. It's pretty outrageous, and makes my svx look like a station wagon.

Your mom's car sounds tight, although... i have to say that mural sounds kinda tacky! But maybe that's just the american in me.

-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
I was using my mothers 01 Vette as the standard for building my SVX. I wanted to build it to have more power, be faster, handle better, and show better.

I went to visit them this weekend. Saturday my mother call to meet me for dinner. She shows up an a 2004 Z06. The car is freeking unbelievable. It is an ex-show car with over 10K in aftermarket work done to it. It has a $4000 dollar mural of the marine putting up the flag at Iwo Jima hand painted and signed under the hood & chrome everywhere. A 3 in mandle bent exhaust with no mufflers. A K&N intake system, after market wheels and tires. And thats just what we can see. The interior has hand imbroidered work done everywhere. She got 16K for her old vette and still had to add in 28K cash to get it. The car is sick. They have to take it back soon to have the exhaust toned down some though. When they ran it through the guy said the max dB allowed was 96. At 2500 RPMS it was reading 109dB.

Best part is she let me barrow it for the week