View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Angry mate !!

Harvey

You are the second person who's described this event, subaru said after they had pulled the planetaries apart for an inspection that the only other Subaru they had seen like this was one other SVX, and that had been towed also, and in their case for over 30km...there assessment was that it would take an enormous force to sheer the teeth off the planetary gears as it has on mine... I'll get some pics in the next day or too so the damage can be viewed by all, the car was insured whilst it was in transit ...I'll give them a call but I wont hold my breath.

Thanks Harvey again, will stay in touch
Currently the AT guy has ordered in a planetary set from NZ, and will then go thru the rest of the box to check clutch plates, and so forth, he also showed me from JATCO one of their own TSB on this box that suggested some mods [from memeory 3 small holes to be drilled] to improve fluid flow..I'll see if I can get more info on this if you like...

Thanks all for the input, even after she's up and going I will do the wheel diameter vs PSI exercise so that rolling diameters are kept as close to each other as poss.

Thanks Again

Dave