View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: turbo for the jag?

See if you can come up with some old British Car Mags (now Classic Motorsports). There was a couple issues if memory serves me right regarding an E-type v-12 with a twin turbo set up. Probably from around 97-99. I might still have it lying around. If you can't come up with it online let me know and I'll look through my hoard of old mags.

Having driven a couple v-12 jags and an xj6 well converted to a 350, the 350 conversion is nothing more than a total transformation of the car and not in a good way. Sure it is a cheap escape from the horrible maint. of the jag 12 but at the expense of what makes a jag a jag. By any standards the jag engine is by far a superior engine as it should be since it cost 12x that of a 350. Not knocking the 350 at all. It just doesn't belong in a 12 cylinder Jag.

Other option I would suggest is dumping the Jag and getting a 6 cylinder XJS as I do know that engine is tunable and easily supercharged to outperform most of the 12s out there.